When it comes to making decisions regarding the best eCommerce platform, you may come across choices. Here are some helpful tips.
Who doesn’t know Amazon and eBay? Well, these E-Commerce platforms have laid a path for many other E-Commerce platforms. Magento, Shopify, and Prestashop are some among them.
Let’s see what the advantages and disadvantages are and also what is best for you!
It is an open-source E-Commerce platform with both paid and free versions available for organizations. It gives a strong power of customization for the online stores. It is regarded as an efficient platform for all sizes of businesses as it is self-hosted.
Pros of Magento:
- Magento provides the power of Customization for online stores.
- Content creation and promotion can be done easily using this platform.
- Magento offers business solutions as well as technical support in case one needs it.
- It serves both B2B and B2C.
- The code snippets for the front end are editable.
Cons of Magento:
- It is complicated for small stores, and lack of technical knowledge might be a problem with this platform.
- The paid version is quite expensive for businesses with limited budgets.
Shopify is a fully hosted source E-Commerce platform that often users find easy to use. It provides a free trial for 14 days and then pricing is applicable if you want to go ahead with it. It has three pricing plans which are basic Shopify and advanced.
Pros of Shopify:
- This platform supports businesses through different channels like Facebook, which expands the business.
- It is user-friendly and inexpensive.
- It has embedded SEO tools that offer both free and paid themes.
Cons of Shopify:
- It gives limited customization options for the store.
- It has limited options compared to other platforms.
- Full control of the store is not possible as we cannot host it on our system.
A self-hosted platform with 41 languages included in Prestashop and having 310 features for the customers makes it a good choice. It is an open-source platform.
Pros of Prestashop:
- It is a free platform with less difficulty in installing it and using it.
- Features like SEO tools, marketing, localization, shipping and payments, and site management are highlights of the platform.
- Help in using the platform is always available.
- You can access the script used for the front end of your store and modifications can be done.
Cons of Prestashop:
- To host the store, one needs its own server.
- Lack of technical knowledge might be a problem when you choose to create a website design.
Some Final Words
Selecting the right platform is the most critical preliminary work. The availability of lots of platforms makes decision-making a challenge. I hope you find this blog as a help in the same regard. For best Magento, Prestashop, and Shopify developers, reach out to PSDtoANY for the best e-commerce store development!